Friday 1 July 2011

We are one this month!!

Calluna Holistic Therapies is a whole year old this month, and what a year it has been.

At The Beginning
In truth the business wasn't meant to be launched for a few more years as I had planned to do a further course in holistic therapies management along side a business degree. However, the course was dropped by the college at the last minute and I was forced to rethink my options. Me, being fairly ambitious and keen, decided to launch the business early and see what happens.
I had previously worked for a large retail company as a supervisor and had gained a fair bit of knowledge about marketing and advertising so figured I knew a thing or two about running a business.
It was tough to start as any business owner will tell you, but you've just got to get on with it and not let the slow days drag you down.

Where We Are Now
Calluna Holistic Therapies has grown from a small business just offering holistic treatments such as aromatherapy, reflexology and massage, to teaching baby and toddler reflex workshops to parents in the local area, offering pamper parties for hen nights, birthday parties and girly nights in, and establishing a strong local client base.
I have had the opportunity to work with clients with a range of physical and mental disorders such as cancer, back problems, psoriasis, asperger syndrome and the most common of all STRESS.
Social media has played a big role in the success of the business in that I have gained new clients and also  forged new working relationships. (Brows and Beauty, Zazzu Jewellery)

What To Come Next
I am always looking at ways to expand the business and there are many projects going on at the moment (most of the top secret for now). But what I can say is that I am setting up a web shop to sell scented candles, crystals and jewellery from my website.

Special Offer For July
As it is the businesses first birthday all our treatments are half price for the whole of July. Offer runs from 01/07 - 30/07, not valid on pamper parties or baby reflex classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment